How Expo Uses Master Plumbers for Bathroom Remodels
Posted on April 06, 2022
No matter what kind of bathroom remodel project you're considering, a plumber will likely be needed to remove old plumbing, install new fixtures, and possibly run new water supplies and drains into your renovation space.
As with any home remodeling project, the contractors you work with can have a big impact on the quality of services rendered, as well as your comfort and satisfaction with the remodeling experience. Choosing the right (plumbing company) is an important part of the remodel planning process, connecting you with a local service provider who is available for your project and equipped with the right skills and experience to meet your project's unique demands.
Expo prefers to work with master plumbers for all (plumbing services) required for bathroom renovation projects. Unfamiliar with the benefits of using a master plumber, or you're curious about how master plumbers differ from other local plumbers for hire? Read on to learn more.
What is a Master Plumber?
The term "master plumber" refers to a classification of plumbing professionals based on their level of experience and licensure by the state where they work. Master plumber is the highest distinction a professional can earn in the plumbing field, and it entails meeting the following requirements:
- At least 10,000 hours of on-the-job experience;
- At least 1,000 hours of plumbing schooling;
- At least one year working at the journeyman level;
- Passing a written examination.
Many plumbers are eager to obtain the master-level licensure due to the increased compensation and capabilities that it can offer.
The Benefits of Using a Master (Plumbing Service) for Your Bathroom Remodel
For any homeowner considering a bathroom remodel in the near future, a master plumber can make a big difference in the value, cost-effectiveness, and quality of work you receive from their services. These benefits include:
- Greater assurances of the plumber's experience. The rigorous requirements of master plumber licensure means that this title serves as a stamp of approval from local governing bodies. When you hire a master plumber, you can be confident in their expertise based on their ability to meet these stringent standards.
- More efficient remodeling that meets local building codes. Master plumbers have gone through additional testing and training to make sure they understand local building codes, which is crucial to ensure that bathroom remodeling work will pass inspection from local authorities.
- Reduced errors and project slowdowns. Fewer code violations and service errors will lead to faster, more cost-effective remodeling.
- Increased options when drafting plumbing schematics and adjusting remodeling plans. Many master plumbers are trained to draft schematics and adapt designs based on evolving needs or challenges. This makes it easier to incorporate new changes as circumstances—or your personal preferences—evolve during the project.
- Greater peace of mind in the quality of services received. When you hire a master plumber, you're hiring a professional with the highest level of certification available in your area.
Anticipating Unique Challenges of Bathroom Remodels
Even compared to a bathroom installation in a new home construction, bathroom remodels can pose unique challenges which may further justify the benefits of working with a master plumber.
Existing plumbing and other construction challenges, for example, may require workarounds or complex services to properly perform work on your plumbing and bring your bathroom up to code. From integrating different fixtures to preserving elements of the bathroom you want to retain throughout the remodel, master plumbers may be better equipped to handle these specific needs—and they may offer better consultation when trying to make decisions regarding changes to your bathroom remodel plans.
Where to Find a Master (Plumbing Contractor)
While your state's licensing authority can be a resource for finding licensed master plumbers in your area, you can also conduct your search by finding local plumbers and plumbing businesses based on their local reputation, including online reviews, and then checking their license if you think they would make a good fit.
Alternatively, you can request a master plumber through the home construction contractor you're using to renovate your bathroom. Many of these contractors will have existing connections with master plumbers, and these relationships can offer an added degree of quality assurance, since your home improvement company will want to make sure the plumber meets their expectations for quality service.
Ready to find a master plumber to work on your bathroom remodel? When you renovate with Expo Home Improvement, we have a master plumber on staff that we trust to oversee your bathroom remodel. Contact us today to learn more about our process and commitment to quality assurance.