How Important is the Look of Your Bathroom?
Posted on May 23, 2017
Posted in Bathrooms
Older houses can be great places to call home. They tend to have a kind of charm—beautiful hardwood flooring, arched doorways, era-specific features like built-in laundry chutes, stained-glass windows, and maybe even a few hidden treasures in the attic or basement. But, living in an older house can also mean living with an outdated bathroom (Hello chipped and rusty sinks, cracked tile flooring, and stained toilets and tubs). No matter how much character your old home has, an unsightly bathroom can wash that charm right down the drain.
Of course we all want our home to be as comfortable, functional, and guest-friendly as possible, but many overlook the importance of a well-maintained bathroom.
Your Bathroom Might Be the Most Important Room
The bathroom is the most important room? Really? Okay, you might want to debate this one a little at first. The kitchen is pretty awesome, right? We have to eat. Living rooms are great for relaxing and entertaining guests, and the bedroom is important, of course. But, don’t neglect the bathroom as a possible best. Here’s why:
- It’s where you start and end your day.
- It’s a great place to show off your style and enhance the character of your home.
- It’s a place to unwind, relax, and retreat to after a long day.
- It’s one of the biggest judgment-zones…
That’s right. Everyone judges the bathroom—you probably do too if you think about it. A person’s home can be beautifully decorated and kept, but all that goes unnoticed once you step into a dirty-looking, ill-kept bathroom.
Signs That It’s Time for a Bathroom Remodel
“My bathroom isn’t that bad”… Are you sure? If you live in an older home, then doing some bathroom renovations might not be such a bad idea. Maybe you could use a new bathtub, new shower, or some simple updates to make your powder room easier to use. Still not sure if you could use a new bathroom? Here are some reasons for a bathroom remodel that you might not consider at first:
- Your old faucets and shower heads waste water, and old drafty windows waste energy.
- Old power outlets in bathrooms don’t have necessary safety features.
- Unsightly cracks and crevasses aren’t just ugly; they can trap dirt and provide a pathway for pests to enter your home.
- Old bathrooms can be on the smaller side, and have little annoyances like low-hanging mirrors, poor lighting, and obnoxiously loud bathroom fans.
If you’re thinking bathroom remodeling is just too expensive and takes too much time, you might want to think twice! Bath Expo provides fast and affordable bathroom remodeling so you can update your home’s old bathroom in no time. Call us today or fill out our quick online form, and we’ll get you started with a free consultation and quote.