Are Replacement Windows Worth It?
Posted on September 17, 2019
Posted in General
If the windows in your home are letting in drafts, not operating properly, or just look outdated, you might be considering investing in replacement windows. But, are replacement windows worth it? The quick answer to this question is that yes, they are definitely worth it. They provide a number of lasting benefits that you'll be able to enjoy for years to come, including:
- Improved energy-efficiency - When you replace old windows with high-quality replacement windows, there is no doubt that you will enhance your home's energy efficiency. That's because newer windows come with a number of energy-efficient features such as multiple panes of glass, foam-filled frames, Low-E glass, and more that are all designed to reduce heat transfer and could possibly help to lower monthly energy bills.
- Enhanced curb appeal - Replacement windows will instantly boost the look of your home and if you are planning on selling your home any time soon, they will allow you to ask for a higher price.
- A more enjoyable home environment - Adding replacement windows to your home will make your home more enjoyable to be in. They will flood your home with natural light, allow your home to remain at a constant temperature, and even reduce the amount of outside noise entering your home.
Choose a Reliable Company
Once you've made the decision to have replacement windows installed, one of the most important things you can do is to choose a reputable company to install them. That's because a poorly installed window will nullify many of its benefits, leaving you right where you left off, if not worse. When you're searching for a company you can trust to install windows on your home, look for a company that has:
- Experience - It's always a better idea to go with a company that has a proven track record of success. Newly formed companies can be hard to trust because they haven't had the opportunity to earn a good reputation. When you're looking at different companies, choose one that's been around for a while and has earned positive reviews from their past customers.
- Full-time employees - When choosing a company, make sure to ask whether their employees are their own, or if they use subcontractors. This is important because a company that uses full-time employees will make sure that they're all trained the same way, and will have likely undergone background checks, making them much more trustworthy compared to a subcontractor who may not have had any formal training at all.
- Caring customer service - Replacing the windows in your home is a big deal, and you'll want to have your say in the project. Look for a company who will listen to your needs and who will work collaboratively with you to achieve them all. If the company you're looking to work with is pushing a product on you that you don't want and isn't taking your opinion into consideration, look for another company.
For all your window replacement needs, there's no better company to turn to than Expo Home Improvement. We've been helping homeowners throughout Texas by replacing their old and inefficient windows with beautiful new energy-efficient ones and we look forward to doing the same for you. Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.