Classic Window Styles
Posted on October 16, 2019
Posted in General
Close your eyes and picture your dream home. Is it a beautiful brick Colonial house with a lush front yard and blue front door? Or, is it a classic Tudor-style with a brick pathway lined with yellow tulips? When you flip through pages of Better Home & Garden magazine, if you find yourself being drawn to these types of traditional homes, finding high quality windows that match the classic feel you love is important. Sometimes, when people think “classic” they think boring, but our traditional windows are anything but boring. In fact, if you’re going for a classic look, you’ll still have a lot of decisions to make when it comes to selecting your windows.
Types of Replacement Windows
At Window Expo, we offer a variety of classic window options in a wide array of styles. Homeowners can choose from some of the following designs:
- Single-Hung Windows – these windows slide open from the bottom and are common in bathrooms
- Double-Hung Windows – similar to a single-hung hung window but they also slide open from the top
- Casement Windows – framed with hinges along the side, opening outwards
- Awning Windows – most commonly used in basements, these windows open up and out
- Slider Windows – perfect windows for your kitchen and commonly used over sinks
- Fixed Windows – floor to ceiling fixed windows create a luxe feel to bring light into any room
- Bay or Bow Windows – imagine sitting in a comfy chair, nestled into your new bay window, cuddled up with a good book
These types of windows can be found in all types of classic homes, but it’s your decision which styles will function best in your house.
Classic Window Color Options
While we offer custom color options and many modern hues like black and forest green, we also offer premium windows in classic colors including:
- White – sleek, stark and traditional
- Tan – warm, pairs well with darker home exteriors
- Clay – similar to taupe, a classic choice
When it comes to exterior color selections, white windows are the most common choice but tan and clay can also help achieve the traditional look you’re hoping to achieve. Imagine the way these windows will pop against your perfect picket fence!
Features & Benefits
No matter which color or style window you choose, you can be confident in your choice when you purchase windows from Window Expo. Our products are expertly crafted and feature a number of benefits including:
- Foam insulated frames and sashes
- Double strength glass
- Fusion welded frames
- Dual interlocking systems with sleek, tilt-lock combinations
- Deluxe weather-stripping
- Innovative flex screens
- High performance triple silver, low-E glass with krypton/argon blend
Many homeowners don’t understand how this list of benefits translates to better value, but these features all add up to better performance and insulation overall. With old, cracked windows or warped panes, air can seep out and in, which means you’re wasting money on air conditioning or heating. So, if you think about it, investing in new windows can save you money in the long run when you consider the lower energy bills that are in your future.
Ready to invest in new windows for your beautiful, traditional home? Contact Window Expo today to start exploring your classic window options. Our team of designers will help you choose the perfect color and style to complete your home. We proudly serve residents throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Central Texas.