How Long Does It Take to Replace a Shower?
Posted on November 05, 2019
Posted in General
When you're looking to replace a shower in your home, the time that it will take for the job to be complete is likely a major concern. That's because the bathroom that you're replacing the shower in will be out of commission during the duration of the project, which depending on how many other bathrooms you have and how many people live in your home, could mean having to share a bathroom and shower with others for some time. So, how long does it take to replace a shower? Well, that answer depends on a number of different factors, such as what type of shower or bathtub you're installing, and if you're going to hire professionals or attempt to complete the job yourself. A good estimate for a shower replacement would be between three to five days. However, it can take much longer than that in certain circumstances, especially if you're going to complete the work on your own.
Choose What You Want to Replace Your Current Shower With
With so many different bathing options out there, it can be hard to choose what type of bathtub or shower you want to replace your current system with. Some of the most common options are:
- Standard bathtubs - These types of tubs will provide you with the basics so that you can enjoy a straightforward bath.
- Standard shower - If all you care about is getting clean quickly and you don't need any extra add-ons, then a standard shower might be right for you.
- Tub/shower combos - If you like to enjoy a quick shower in the morning but would rather take a long, relaxing bath at night, then a tub/shower combo is the perfect option for you.
- Shower enclosures - When beauty really matters to you, a shower enclosure is the way to go. These types of showers consist of an all-glass enclosure that will be the focal point of your bathroom.
- Walk-in showers - This system is perfect for those with limited mobility or who have a difficult time stepping over a high wall to enter or exit a shower. A walk-in shower has a low-entry threshold that makes entering and exiting it safe.
- Walk-in tubs - When you're looking for a safer bathing option, a walk-in tub is the perfect option. They come with a number of safety features such as slip-resistant floors, low-threshold entrys, grab bars, seating options, and more to offer a safe bathing experience.
- Spa/whirlpool tubs - This type of tub will bring the comfort of a spa into the privacy of your own bathroom. These large tubs will allow you to be completely submerged in warm water while enjoying high-volume, adjustable jets that will soothe aching muscles.
Will Your Hire a Professional or Do It Yourself?
After you've selected which type of bathing option you want to replace your current shower with, you'll have to decide if you want to hire professionals to install it or if you want to install it yourself. You might be thinking that you'll be able to save some money by performing the installation yourself, however, if you're not a professional with a ton of experience and some knowledgeable friends, this could actually end up costing you even more money. That's because, doing it yourself will not only take a lot more time, but also there is a better chance that mistakes will be made, which can become costly, quick. It's always a good idea to hire professionals to install your new tub or shower because they have experience in handling this type of work and will be able to get it done much more efficiently than you could on your own. Plus, many contractors will offer guarantees, allowing you to have peace of mind that they won't consider the job finished until you're satisfied with the way your new tub or shower looks and operates.
Turn to Expo Home Improvement When You Need to Replace the Shower in Your Home
When you're looking to replace the shower in your home, there's no better company to call than Expo Home Improvement. That's because we install a variety of high-quality bathing products that come with a number of benefits that you're sure to enjoy. What's more, we can usually install our products in just a day or two, minimizing the amount of time that your bathroom will be under construction and allowing you to start enjoying your new bathing product as soon as possible.
To learn more about the bathtub and shower options that we have available to homeowners throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Central Texas areas, contact the professionals at Expo Home Improvement today.