How to Clean Shower Doors
Posted on April 03, 2019
Posted in General
Over time, the moisture from your shower combined with the bathing products you use will turn into water deposits and soap scum, causing your shower doors to look streaky and foggy. Luckily, if you know what you're doing, shower doors can be cleaned rather easily. If you want to clean your shower doors so that they look brand new again, follow these steps:
- Choose your cleaning product - There are a number of shower cleaners available at stores that are highly effective, or you can choose to make your own. Go with whatever you're more comfortable with.
- Take a hot shower - Taking a hot shower, or at least running the hot water in your shower will loosen up the scum on your shower doors, making them easier to clean.
- Spray and wipe down your doors - Take your cleaning solution and spray your shower doors with it, then use a sponge to scrub them.
- Let the solution set and then wipe it off - Let the cleaning solution rest for about 15-30 minutes and then wash down the doors with a clean, watery sponge.
- Wipe the door down with a squeegee - Lastly, wipe off all the remaining water with a squeegee and you should be left with clean shower doors that look great.
Expo Home Improvement Offers a Variety of Gorgeous Shower Door Options
At Expo Home Improvement, we have a beautiful selection of shower door options available, which we often pair with a brand new shower space for our customers. When you decide to work with us, you can choose from a range of features such as traditional shower door frames or frameless doors, clear glass or glass with finishes, and doors that swing or slide open to get the perfect shower doors to meet your specific needs.
For more information about the shower doors we install for homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Expo Home Improvement today.