Walk-In Shower vs. Roll-In Shower
Posted on October 12, 2017
Posted in Showers
Struggling with limited mobility can make bathing more than just difficult—it can be dangerous. If you or someone you love is looking for an easy-access solution that is comfortable, affordable, and low-maintenance, then you'll be glad to discover shower replacement services by Expo Home Improvement! We offer a wide-range of custom options for enhancing your bathroom without costing you a fortune.
At Expo Home Improvement, our expertise and reputation for customer satisfaction makes choosing us a simple decision, but deciding which of our products works for you might be a little more challenging. If you are deciding between a walk-in shower or a roll-in shower, we have some information you might find useful!
What is the difference between a walk-in shower and a roll-in shower?
For starters, it helps to know what sets these two amazing options apart. As with many things, the answer is within the name. A roll-in shower has a low threshold and wide opening, offering the perfect solution for those who need a wheelchair-accessible option. A walk-in shower is a traditional shower model that stands alone without the high-threshold associated with a bath-shower combination.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Curbless Shower
Once you've decided which is best for your needs, you deserve to get a better understanding of what you are in for. To help you make the best choice, we've put together a list of some advantages and disadvantages of a curbless walk-in shower or roll-in shower.
- Ease of use for people of all ages: Many are opting to care for elderly family members at home. This can mean children, teens, adults, and seniors sharing the same bathroom! A curbless shower provides an easy-access bathing option that is both safe for grandma and functional for the rest of the family!
- Lasting beauty for any style: With a variety of designs and accessory options, having a new curbless shower installed is the perfect opportunity to show-off your personality and decorative genius while enhancing the value of your bathroom. When you go with a new shower by Expo Home Improvement, you are also guaranteed top-quality products that will last many years.
- Easy to maintain: Eliminating the shower curb makes cleaning a lot easier, and when you choose one of our walk-in or roll-in showers, you get the added benefit of mold, mildew, and grime-resistant technology!
- Maximizes your space: Zero-barrier showers can be installed in small spaces, even those where a curbed shower would not fit. Our expert installation crew will have your new shower seamlessly installed quickly.
- Limited privacy: The open design of a curbless shower can leave you feeling a bit exposed, but there are many solutions. We can install a shower rod, allowing you to hang a beautiful curtain, or we can design a stylish curved barrier wall!
- Water can get out: Without a curb to keep water in, water can sometimes seep into other areas of your bathroom. This can be potentially dangerous because you are more likely to slip and fall. To keep you safe, we offer solutions to this problem including shower screens and precision shower heads.
- Staying warm might be more difficult: Water isn't the only thing that can escape a curbless shower. You might also find that it is more difficult to keep your shower space heated. Heated flooring along with some of the water-barrier options mentioned earlier will reduce this problem.
Getting a replacement shower that suits your functionality needs while bringing out your style and maximizing comfort is important. When you're looking for a quality and affordable walk-in shower or wheel-in shower, Expo Home Improvement's shower replacement services might be just what you need!